Benton Fermentation Eye Cream Review
I am in my late 20s and feel no shame about my age or changes in my skin texture or it’s enhanced need for extra care. These reasons and my passion for skin care products made me explore some Korean and Japanese skin care brands and the eye cream in this article is part of one such haul of Asian beauty brands.
Fermented ingredients such as galacytomyces ferment filtrate and bifida ferment lysate work together with ceramide, EGF and hyaluronic acid to give this highly concentrated eye cream the power to diminish fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes without causing irritation or sensitivity. With regular use, the delicate skin becomes firmer, refined and less prone to dryness.
My Experience with Benton Fermentation Eye Cream:
Skin care industry is a little overwhelming these days and each brand offers what other brands claim to offer. Skin care ingredients have become more esoteric and require mild reading to know more about their benefits and side effects and most importantly, to also know which ingredients should not be used together.
The term “fermentation” in skincare is fairly new to me and sounds rather absurd in this genre. However, since this is a new fad in Korean skin care, I decided to give it a shot. It is called a fermentation cream because of the fermented ingredients in it, such as:
- Galactomyces ferment filtrate (GFF): Used as moisturizing agent in cosmetic products, prevents skin damage from environmental stress or dryness and has anti-oxidant properties.
- Bifida Ferment Lysate: This ingredient is not unanimously considered amazing and its potency varies from one research claim to other but it still has same benefits as the one mentioned above.
- Ceramide: This ingredient is very common in moisturizing products because of its moisturizing properties.
- EGF: It stimulates new cell growth and prevents wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic acid: Again, very common ingredient in anti-wrinkle products.
On a side note, I had to read abstracts of derma research journal articles to know more about these fermented ingredients.
Claims and ingredients do sound fascinating but most skin care products – high end or drugstore, do take their sweet time to show their effect or in some cases, do nothing but dig a hole in our pocket. When I bought this eye cream, I had hoped that it would lie in the first category and so far, it does.
It was a relief to see that it comes in a good size tube which has generous product quantity, unlike some skin care products which come in a micro size packaging. Hence, there is enough quantity of product to try out and enjoy its efficacy before it runs out. It is viscous to touch and not as spreadable as one expects eye creams to be, but still works fine and gets easily absorbed into the skin. I have noticed a mild reduction in fine lines and my under-eye appears brighter now.
Pros of Benton Fermentation Eye Cream:
- It is affordable compared to other higher-end eye creams.
- Comes in a good-sized tube.
- Has no fragrance (I was expecting a pungent smell because of the word “fermentation”).
- It is alcohol free.
- Ingredients list is very appealing and sounds like it can do what it claims.
- I have noticed mild reduction in fine lines (I have two deep lines under each eye and they appear less noticeable now).
- Under-eye area appears brighter.
Cons of Benton Fermentation Eye Cream:
- Availability can be an issue for some, but some Korean websites do ship to India as well.
- I can’t think of any right now because it seems to work fine for the price tag.
It is an affordable eye cream with some interesting ingredients which, apparently in long run will do what they claim.
4/5. Might try other eye creams once I run out of this one just to try out other brands and products.
Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
Fermented Skincare – The Latest Korean Skincare Trend
Missha Fermented Citron Cleansing Foam
Tonymoly Ferment Snail Lip Treatment Stick
Missha Pure Source Cell Sheet Mask Red Ginseng
Shahnaz Husain – Shasmooth Almond Under Eye Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream
Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Youth Boosting Eye Cream
Sebamed Anti-Ageing Q10 Lifting Eye Cream